What are the power-up and backlight illumination requirements for the Micrologic display on Powerpact H, J and L frame breakers?
Powerpact H J L breakers
Electrical Distribution Equipment
Trip unit backlight ILLUMINATION requires application of an external 24 Vdc power source. It will not illuminate with current flow or with the Pocket Tester.
On Micrologic trip units powered by an external 24 Vdc power supply, the trip unit display has white backlighting that is:
• low intensity continuously
• high intensity for 1 minute after pressing any of the keys on the keypad
• deactivated if the temperature exceeds 149°F (65°C)
• reactivated once the temperature drops back below 140°F (60°C)
Ways the display can be POWERED UP.
1. Pocket Tester S434206 can be plugged in for temporary power to make setting changes on the display.
2. 24 Vdc Terminal Block* or NSX Cord** along with a 24Vdc power source can be used for permanent power to the trip unit.
3. Sufficient current load on the breaker to internally power the trip unit. (See below for the load requirements to power display)
H-FrameAmps to power up the trip unit
60 A > 15A
100 A > 15 A
150 A > 30 A
250A > 30 A
400 A > 50 A
600 A > 50 A
*24 Vdc Terminal Block -- S434210
L = 1.3 m S434201
L = 3.0 m S434202