How do we Power Cycle the C-series Charge Controller?
C-Series Power Cycle Instructions
There are times that the charge controller will appear to not work properly. Sometimes, this is due to a glitch on the processor and all that is needed is a complete reset. Pressing the reset button is not sufficient. Prior to removing the controller from the installation, please follow these instructions.
1. Switch off the Battery (+) positive breaker or *very carefully* disconnect Battery (+) Positive wire from the Lug on the controller and with a handheld voltmeter confirm there is no battery voltage between that point and the Battery (-) Negative Lug on the Controller.
2. Switch off PV Solar array breaker or carefully disconnect PV Solar Array (+) positive wire from the Lug on the controller and with a handheld voltmeter confirm there is no PV Solar Array voltage between that point and the PV Solar Array negative Lug on the Controller.
3. Let the Controller sit for no less than 10 minutes while there is no measured voltage across the battery and array as mentioned above.
4. After 10 minutes you will first switch on the Battery (+) breaker or carefully install the Battery positive wire back into its Lug on the controller. It is very important that the battery be connected first.
5. Carefully install the PV Solar Array (+) positive wire back into its Lug on the controller.
6. If you have followed these instructions precisely and the Controller is still not working properly please contact Schneider/Xantrex at 1-866-519-1470 or send us an email by replying to this message.