XW inverter charger will not qualify AC generator. AC IN light blinks
AC input qualification, overloading the generator, unable to sustain battery charging and and running loads (multi-tasking)
XW 4024/4548/6048 with AC generator
1) Ensure generator is split phase 120/240, not 120 monophase or 120/208V. Voltage from (L1 to N) and (N to L2) should add up exactly to (L1 to L2) voltage
3) Recommended, size your generator 2 times the rating of the XW system.
2) Ensure no neutral to ground bond in Generator
3) Connect gen output to AC2, not AC1 and open up AC2 parameters in XW advanced settings - ac settings menu
4) Reduce max charge rate in XW
5) If Kohler RES series generator, see Solution 1179
1) XW can only connect to splt-ph 120/240 unless converted to monophase
2) Potential ground loop
3) AC2 qualification parameter window much wider than AC1
4) Gen being overloaded by combination of house loads and XW charger.