Schneider Electric Canada Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
This is a brief article to show how ClearSCADA can be configured as an EWS server and as an EWS client that uses the Advanced EWS driver to communicate with the EWS server.
To configure a ClearSCADA system to allow EWS clients to retrieve data from it please follow these steps:
1. Create a ClearSCADA User to be used by EcoStruxure Web Services.
2. Enable Advanced EWS Web Services and specify the Advanced EWS user account created in the previous step by right clicking on the Root object and going to Properties -> EcoStructure Web Services. Make sure to configure user security appropriately to allow the user to Read and, if needed, to Control.
In order for a ClearSCADA system to act as an EWS client, the ClearSCADA application needs to use the Advanced EWS driver. The Advanced EWS driver must be installed and licensed on the ClearSCADA server. Please follow the steps below to configure ClearSCADA as an EWS client:
1. Check License Details to make sure your ClearSCADA license allows for the Advanced EWS driver. Otherwise please contact a Schneider Electric representative in your area or fill out this form.
2. If the license supports the Advanced EWS driver, check whether the driver is installed on the ClearSCADA host. Use Status -> General -> Modules dialog to check if the driver is installed and ready. If the driver is not installed, run the ClearSCADA installer and select the Advanced EWS driver from the list.
3. Once the Advanced EWS driver is installed and licensed, create an Advanced EWS Server object and specify the EWS server URL.
|If you are connecting to another ClearSCADA system acting as an EWS server, the URL should be of the following format: http://<server>:<port>/webservices/secorp or https://<server>:<port>/webservices/secorp|
4. Create a Group and add the Server object to the Servers list. Configure Scanning Intervals for Current, Historic and Forecast data.
5. Create an Advanced EWS point and browse for the target in the Current Data Id and History Data Id fields.
6. You should now see the point updating.