What is Circuit Breaker Conversion ?
- It brings a Low Voltage Power Air Circuit Breaker to current standards of overcurrent and ground fault protection
- This is accomplished with the replacement of the old direct operating electromechanical overloads with new current sensors, a self powered solid-state electronic trip unit, tripping actuator and all copper connectors and their mounting parts.
- At the same time, maintenance is performed on the breaker to bring it to manufacturer's specifications
Why Convert ?
- Older type Air Circuit Breakers fitted with the original series electro-mechanical trip units do not always function reliably
- Tripping characteristics become non-repeatable
- Coordination becomes difficult or impossible
- Cost-effective alternative to buying a new breaker
- Electronic Protection provides more functions and provides a vehicle for communications/monitoring
- Equipment and personnel safety
Conversions using either Carriere or Federal Pioneer electronic relays are available.
|Carriere Technical Industry
Carriere conversion kits have been available since 1983; more than 30 000 installed kits in operation throughout North America.
Carriere provides a large selection of Low Voltage Conversion kit for most Low Voltage Breakers : GE, Westinghouse, ITE, A-C, Siemens
FB600E/ER Electronic Trip Units
- Communications upgradability
- True-RMS sensing
- No Battery required
- Functions independently enabled/disabled
- DIP Switches ( FB600 E ) or ROTARY Switches ( FB600 ER )
- Over 15 years of proven reliability
- FB600 E : UL Classified to ANSI C37.59 and C-UL classified to CSA C22.2 No. 31
- Monitor Breaker provides Voltage, Current, Power, Power Factor, Trip Data information and Trip waveforms
- Direct connection to Power Logic SMS
- Can also communicate to software that supports Modbus : SMS, Siemens WinPM and others.
Click here for more details about Carriere
Federal Pioneer electronic relays are available for conversion of Federal Pioneer Type H air circuit breakers.
Optional Ground Fault protection
Programmable trip setting
Overcurrent and ground fault protection
breaker status and event reporting
communication and control