- 1920 Paul-Louis Merlin and Gaston Gerin form Merlin Gerin to produce electrical equipment. The company initially had 38 employees.
- 1921 Merlin Gerin introduces its first range of high voltage oil circuit breakers and becomes recognized internationally.
- 1950s The company develops the Compact circuit breakers, builds a strong network of distributors and opens first subsidiaries abroad.
- 1967 In high voltage, Merlin Gerin develops the SF6 technology and the first Hexabloc metal-clad substation.
- 1974 In low voltage, the company introduces its Multi 9 range of modular devices.
- 1986 Merlin Gerin launches Masterpact, a 800-6,300 A molded-case circuit breaker.
- 1992 Schneider acquires Merlin Gerin.
- 1994 Merlin Gerin and Telemecanique are merged into Schneider Electric SA.
- 2009 Merlin Gerin products, services, and solutions are migrated to the Schneider Electric brand as its Electrical Distribution offer.