Type S Contactors
8502/8702 - Non reversing and reversing contactors, NEMA size 00-7
Type S contactors are available in NEMA Sizes 00-7 and are designed for operation at 600 Volts maximum.
FeaturesType S contactors are available in NEMA Sizes 00-7 and are designed for operation at 600 Volts maximum.
· 600Vac and 810A continuous current rated maximum
A normally open holding circuit contact for three wire control is provided as standard.
· Sizes 00-2 contactors use a Class 9999 SX11 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
· Sizes 3-7 contactors use a Class 9999 SX6 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
· On Size 00-1 single phase contactors, a power pole is used as the holding circuit contact and has the same rating as the power contacts.
Class 8502 magnetic contactors are available in a wide variety of the following enclosures:
· NEMA Type 1 General Purpose
· NEMA Type 4 & 4X Watertight and Dusttight Stainless Steel
· NEMA Type 4X Watertight, Dusttight, and Corrosion Resistant Glass — Polyester
· NEMA Type 7 & 9 Bolted and Spin-Top for Hazardous Locations
· NEMA Type 12 Dusttight and Driptight for Industrial Use
AC coils are available for application on 50-60 Hertz.
· NEMA Sizes 00-5 are supplied with coils that are designed to operate satisfactorily on line voltages of 85% – 110% of rated voltage
· NEMA Sizes 5, 6 and 7 contactors are supplied with a DC coil operated by a solid state rectifier circuit that is powered by an AC source.
For flexibility field-installable or factory modified accessories include auxiliary contacts, power poles, pneumatic timer attachments, and cover mounted control stations
UL and CSA
BenefitsClass 8502 and Class 8702 Type S magnetic contactors are used to switch heating loads, capacitors, transformers, and electric motors where overload protection is separately provided.
- Industrial Markets
- Commercial Office Buildings
- Building Automation
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now