Type S Starters
8536/8736 - Non reversing and reversing starters, NEMA size 00-7
Used for full voltage starting and stopping AC squirrel cage motors
FeaturesAvailable in NEMA Sizes 00-7 and are designed for operation at 600 Volts maximum.
· 600Vac and 810A continuous current rated maximum
A normally open holding circuit contact for three wire control is provided as standard.
· Sizes 00-2 contactors use a Class 9999 SX11 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
· Sizes 3-7 contactors use a Class 9999 SX6 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
Class 8536 Type S Sizes 00-6 starters are provided with a melting alloy thermal overload relay as standard.
· Interchangeable thermal units are available in standard trip (Class 20) Sizes 00-6, quick trip (Class 10) Sizes 00-4, and slow trip (Class 30) Sizes 00-3.
Single-phase starters use one thermal unit; 3-phase starters use three thermal units.
Class 8536 Size 7 starters are provided with solid state MOTOR LOGIC which features:
· Selectable trip Class10/20
· Ground fault detection and Communication capabilities for future enhancement
· Ambient insensitive and features phase loss, phase unbalance and over-current protection.
Solid state overload relays are available for Sizes 00 – 7 starters. These ambient insensitive overload relays provide phase loss protection, phase unbalance protection and a LED power indicator for quick detection.
Bimetallic overload relays are also available for Sizes 0-6. Ambient Compensated and Non-compensated versions are supplied with manual and automatic reset, trip current adjustment, and an alarm contact on Sizes 0-2.
Class 8536 magnetic starters are available in a wide variety of the following enclosures.
· NEMA Type 1 General Purpose Enclosure
· NEMA Type 3R Rainproof, Sleet Resistant for Outdoor Use
· NEMA Type 4 & 4X Watertight and Dust tight
· NEMA Type 4X Watertight, Dust tight, and Corrosion Resistant Glass – Polyester
· NEMA Type 7 & 9 Bolted and Spin-Top for Hazardous Locations
· NEMA Type 9 Bolted for Hazardous Locations
· NEMA Type 12 Dust tight and Drip tight for Industrial Use
AC coils are available for application on 50-60 Hertz.
· NEMA Sizes 00-4 are supplied with coils that are designed to operate satisfactorily on line voltages of 85% – 110% of rated voltage
· NEMA Sizes 5, 6 and 7 contactors are supplied with a DC coil operated by a solid state rectifier circuit that is powered by an AC source.
For flexibility field-installable or factory modified accessories include auxiliary contacts, power poles, pneumatic timer attachments, and cover mounted control stations
UL and CSA
BenefitsClass 8536 and Class 8736 Type S magnetic starters are used to switch electric motors and provide overload protection. They are available as open or enclosed products.
- Industrial Markets
- Commercial Office Buildings
- Building Automation
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now