Multifunction Line Terminal Protection and Control IED
MiCOM P841: Multifunction Line Terminal Protection and Control IED
The MiCOM P841 is a multifunctional line terminal IED for control and back-up protection in transmission and sub-transmission feeder bays.
The following Models are available:
- MiCOM P841 Model A for Single Breaker Applications with 16 Inputs and 14 Outputs
- MiCOM P841 Model B for Two Breaker Applications with 24 Inputs and 32 Outputs
Single or Three-phase auto-reclosing applications
The P841 Model A can be applied as a stand-alone solution for Auto-reclose and Check synch functionality for feeders controlled by a single circuit breaker.
The P841 Model B can be applied as a stand-alone solution for Auto-reclose and Check synch functionality for Dual circuit breakers applications such as ring bus/mesh corner formations and the breaker-and-a-half configurations.
- The logic capabilities of the MiCOM P841 products are extremely versatile, for instance managing leader-follower reclosing schemes in case of dual breaker applications.
- Transmission-class circuit breaker failure protection for one or two breakers. The breaker failure protection may be initiated from internal protection within the P841, and also from external devices.
- Single pole and three-pole breaker operation is supported, with independent supervision & condition monitoring statistics for each pole
- Trip circuit supervision, control, and interlocking schemes can be designed in graphical support software.
- Ancillary applications include use of the P841 for binary I/O concentration, disturbance recording, or as a gateway to SCADA protocols and IEC 61850
- Multiple protection elements are provided, such as directional overcurrent, earth fault, voltage and frequency. This allows P841 to be deployed as a back-up IED in transmission applications, or as the Main 2 protection solution for sub-transmission systems.
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now