Low voltage capacitor banks for smart power factor correction
Energy efficiency, as simple as VarSet
FeaturesVarSet low voltage capacitor bank is a complete range of high quality power factor correction solutions engineered to compensate reactive power and harmonic distortion. These are easy and flexible solutions that can immediately boost your facility’s energy efficiency and productivity. Thanks to VarSet, your power factor is maintained at an ideal level for optimum power system efficiency and cost reduction.
VarSet provides the features and capabilities you need. Choose from a full range of standard, pre-configured capacitor banks, or build a custom solution by mixing available options to fulfill your unique requirements.
- Fully type tested in compliance with IEC/EN 61439-1 & 2, IEC 61921
- Network voltage: 230V-400V-415V-690V (50Hz), 240V-400V-480V-600V (60Hz)
- Wall mounted enclosures from 9kvar to 300kvar - Floor standing cubicles from 50kvar to 1150kvar
- Automatic compensation for variable-unstable loads up to 1150kvar - Fixed compensation for stable loads up to 200kvar
- Modbus communication (Varlogic NRC12 and communication module in option) for integration with building management systems
- Detuned reactor tuning: 2.7 (135Hz), 3.8 (190Hz), 4.2 (210Hz)
- Thermal control devices
- Protection with main incomer circuit breaker and step circuit breakers
- Top or bottom cable connections
- IPxxB protection against direct contacts (door open)
- IP31 protection for indoor applications - IP54 protection for dusty and industrial environments (optional)
- IK10 protection against mechanical shocks
BenefitsThe complete solution
VarSet helps lower operating and capital costs, and can provide a very quick return on investment.
- Reduce capital expenses up to 30%
- Reduce reactive energy billing penalties and lower operating expenses up to 10%
- Reduce energy losses by up to 30%
- Improve power system and equipment reliability up to 18%
- Reduce CO2 emissions by up to 95kg for every kvar of power factor installed
- Ready to install, in compact enclosure with top or bottom cable connections…
- Reduced maintenance, automatic programming and commissioning with Varlogic power factor controller…
- Straightforward EMS integration: Modbus communication protocol (Varlogic NRC12 option)
Reliable and durable
- Long life performance with multi-capacitor architecture, step switching with adapted contactors
- High performance and robustness thanks to high quality Schneider Electric built-in components
- Fully type tested according to standards IEC 61439-1 & 2, IEC 61921
- Thermal monitoring devices, over heating protection…
- Main incomer circuit breaker and step circuit breakers
ApplicationsVarSet provides power factor correction, harmonic filtering, energy loss reduction and lessening of voltage drops on low voltage networks.
VarSet is suitable for new construction or retrofit applications in virtually any commercial, industrial and utility enterprise.
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now