Modicon M580 High-end Controller
Ethernet Programmable Automation Controller (ePAC) for process & high availability solutions
The Modicon M580 ePAC is a smart, connected controller that lets you drive productivity and boost performance while future-enabling your operations.
FeaturesGet better connectivity for your automation system
25 billion devices will be connected to the Internet by 2020…The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is bringing new opportunities but you have to be ready to take advantage of them. The Modicon M580 ePAC is a smart, connected controller for improved production and maintenance.Asset Value Finder: Use this tool to find opportunities that relate to your most pressing concerns.
The high-end Modicon M580 Ethernet Programmable Automation Controller (ePAC) features redundant processors, native Ethernet, and cybersecurity embedded in its core and brings:
- High performance capabilities
- High availability for processors and networks
- Enhanced cybersecurity
- Better design flexibility and greater agility for your operations
- Enhanced modernization solutions
Prepare your plant for the future:
- With a built-in Ethernet backbone, the M580 architecture interconnects all your devices and provides a continuous communication flow to reap benefits from the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- The M580 offers a high level of computing power for increasingly data-intensive processes.
Boost your productivity:
- End-to-end 100 Mbps speed, from top to bottom
- Increased application response time by 10 times*
- 64 MB memory — increased data capacity by 8 times*
(*compared with legacy ranges)
- Availability rate up to 99.9996%
- Redundant CPUs
- Intelligent redundant power supply designed to dramatically extend life span
Protect your operations:
- IPsec communications protocol
- Cybersecurity certified (Achilles Level 2)
- Encrypted password access
- Strict supervision of firmware and software integrity
- Easy to configure cybersecurity features via the Unity Pro platform
Evolve and scale your architectures without stopping the process:
- Add new remote I/O drops or new modules in the architecture.
- Hot-swap your modules — with automatic reconfiguration
- Modify channel configuration parameters, application or change variables
Invest in the long term:
- Capitalize on Modicon's robust hardware platform and Unity Pro engineering software efficiency.
- Migrate or modernize your installed base with a smooth transition to newer technology.
Medium to Large process applications:
- Water and Wastewater: Treatment Plants, Pumping, and Desalination Applications
- Food and Beverage: Liquid Food, Dairy, Confectionary and Pet Food Applications
- Mining Metal Minerals: Mining Water Treatment, Cement, and Conveyor Treatments
- Hydro Power: Small, Medium and Large plants
- Oil and Gas: Midstream Pipeline Applications
- Transportation: Metro, Tunnel, and Airport Applications
- OEM Process: Material Handling and Turbomachinery applications
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now