IEC Mini contactors from 6 to 12A
TeSys K miniature contactors and overload relays are available in 3 contactor ratings for the North American market for inductive motor applications up to 12 full-load amps and resistive loads up to 20 amps
Three contactor ratings for the North American market:
- K06 rated for 3 HP motors at 480 VAC or 600 VAC.
- K09 rated for 5 HP motors at 480 VAC or 600 VAC.
- K12 rated for 7.5 HP motors at 480 VAC or 10 HP at 600 VAC.
· IP20 finger-safe terminals with both North American and International terminal markings
· Mountable on 35mm DIN rail or panel mount with screws
· Available in 3-pole contactor versions with built-in auxiliary contact for holding circuit or 4-pole contactor versions
· Current rating from 6-12A
· High-fault short circuit current ratings provide the flexibility to select any component, as long as it meets or exceeds the desired SCCR.
· Two levels of ratings:
1. Available at 100 kA on systems with fuses, up to 600 volts
2. Available at 65 kA on systems with circuit breakers, up to 480 volts
· Easily-installed accessories.
- 2-pole or 4-pole instantaneous auxiliary contact blocks with screw clamp, slip-on, or spring terminals
- Transient voltage surge suppressors
- Electronic 1 to 30 second on-delay timers
· Four wiring methods to reduce installation time:
- Captive screw terminals for use with either Phillips or slotted head screwdrivers
- Slip-on terminals for quick installation of single 1/4" or double 1/8" tabs
- Terminal pins for soldering the contactor directly to a printed circuit board
- Spring terminals for extreme-vibration applications
· Control circuit flexibility
All versions of the TeSys K-line mini-contactors are available with an AC, DC, or low-consumption DC operating coil. The low-consumption DC coil operating device can be energized by a low level DC signal from a computer or PLC and includes built-in transient suppression.
· Bimetallic overload relays
The K-line Class 10 bimetallic overload relays are ambient-compensated and include single-phase sensitivity for phase unbalance and phase loss protection." to "The TeSys K Class 10 bimetallic overload relays are ambient-compensated and include single-phase sensitivity for phase unbalance and phase loss protection. Five pins connect to the contactor load side terminals — three for the power circuit and two for the control circuit — which eliminate customer wiring for the 3-wire control holding circuit
TeSys K contactors and overload relays are ideal for general duty applications where small size and reliability are key concerns. The special armature structure design allows all devices and all operating coils, either AC or DC, to have the same physical size and panel footprint for convenience. Devices are available with low consumption DC operating coils for direct connection to PLC circuits.
Industry, infrastructure, building, etc:
· They can be used to create motor starters for light general duty applications
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now