Type K Manual Switches
2510K - Designed for motor applications up to 30A
Provide manual “on-off” control of single- or three-phase AC motors
Features600Vac and 230 Vdc maximum
· Up to 30A continuous current rating at 600Vac
· Suitable for use with three-phase AC motors rated up to 20 HP
· NEMA Type 1 of sheet steel with a thermoplastic wrap-around cover; also available in oversized version
· NEMA Type 4 of zinc alloy die casting
· NEMA Type 3R, 7 & 9 of cast aluminum
· Red of green neon pilot light units available factory-installed in NEMA Type 1 (surface/flush mounting) and NEMA Type 4. Also available as field-modification kit for NEMA Type 1 enclosures for flexibility
· Available with toggle handle or with removable key type operator to discourage unauthorized operation
· Emergency Off Actuator optional for field installation on NEMA Type 1 surface-mounted units for convenience
Type K reversing manual switches provide a compact means of starting, stopping, and reversing AC motors where overload protection is not required or is provided separately.
· Suitable for use with three-phase squirrel cage motors and for single-phase motors which can be reversed by reconnecting motor leads
· Two switches are used, one to connect the motor for forward rotation and one for reverse.
· Type K two-speed manual switches may be used with separate winding three- or single-phase AC motors where overload protection is not required or is provided separately
· Two switches are employed to give “on-off” control in each speed.
Meets UL and CSA requirements
BenefitsType K motor starting switches provide manual “on-off” control of single- or three-phase AC motors, where overload protection is not required or is provided separately. Compact construction and a 600 volt rating make these switches suitable for a wide range of industrial and commercial uses.
ApplicationsTypical applications include small machine tools, pumps, fans, conveyors, and many other types of electrical machinery. They may also be used on non-motor loads such as resistance heaters.
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now