- Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University The most intelligent and sustainable green college in China
Schneider Electric provides Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University in Beijing with full lifecycle services and integrated solutions built on EcoStruxure Building. The facility includes a gross floor area of 24,000 square meters.
The Challenge• Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University was designed by Professor Robert A.M. Stern, former dean of the Yale School of Architecture and a founder of post-modernism architectural style. Schwarzman College was created to provide a superior learning and living environment for the world leaders of tomorrow.
• Schwarzman College practices open learning, fosters student-teacher interaction, and provides living facilities fit for Schwarzman Scholars graduate students.
• The project presented special challenges in integrating Eastern and Western architecture design standards and project management practices.
• Through the adoption of forward-thinking, green and intelligent building solutions with outstanding performance in all dimensions, the building achieved the demanding requirements of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification.
Efficiency and Sustainability with EcoStruxure™
Apps, Analytics & Services : Remote service
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Building Operation, Energy Management System, Intelligent Lighting System, Security Systems
Connected Products: Transmission and distribution systems and products
• Through integration of IT and OT, IoT-enabled EcoStruxure delivered innovation at every level – from Connected Products to Edge Control to Apps, Analytics and Services. EcoStruxure laid the groundwork for LEED Gold certification approval by optimizing energy efficiency and sustainability at Schwarzman College.
• For the Schwarzman College project, EcoStruxure Building provides intelligent, seamless and unified management of each subsystem within its buildings. And Energy Management System (EMS) is designed to monitor and control energy consumption, identify energy-saving space, analyze energy consumption cost, predict energy consumption and equipment operation trends, and implement data statistics, with the help of Power Monitoring Expert (PME).
• The combination of PME and EMS allows the monitoring and optimization of energy and ensures the efficient and connected operation of Schwarzman College, paving the way for continuous improvements in quality of service and the efficiency of the College.
Learn how your business can achieve success with Innovation At Every Level
The Results• The Schwarzman College project passed all operating efficiency and energy consumption tests and commissioning before its delivery.
• Schneider Electric delivered outstanding results by providing safe, comfortable, livable environments and lifestyles for teachers and students.
• Schwarzman College received the award of LEED Gold certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) under the LEED-New Construction system, a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement.
• In 2017, Architectural Digest named Schwarzman College among the nine best new university buildings in the world, and the only one in China.