Utilities are contending with growing requirements for mobile data access but streamlining field operations is hampered by point solutions running on various types of devices, disparate processes, and data conversion and transfer. They need to get more from their system investments, help crews work more efficiently, and reduce operating costs. Mapping and asset information is critical to work execution in the field, while infrastructure data must remain secure and reliable in order to protect customers, the public, and crews.
SolutionsSchneider Electric’s Field Mobility solutions extend the value of your existing system investment with focused, intuitive tools that give field crews real-time access to work orders, safety documents, and geospatial and schematic representations of asset data so they know exactly what work to perform, where it’s located, and can easily record and communicate work status and results. Field Mobility solutions unify field work processes, support a multitude of work types, and give the control centres timely and accurate feedback from the field that improves the quality of information in enterprise systems. In addition, Field Mobility solutions enforce standard-based and corporate policies to ensure the security of asset infrastructure data.
- Improve field access to current asset data
- Provide field crews with access to work requests, switching plans, incidents, and safety documents
- Field crews can view, search and navigate the network in both geographical and schematic views
- Crews can perform operations like planned switching and incident response
- Replaces paper maps, empowers field crews, and makes communication between crews and the control room more structured and reliable
- Integrated with Schneider Electric’s GIS and ADMS solutions
- Based on Schneider Electric’s knowledge of advanced power operations solutions
Related Smart Grid Applications
Advanced Smart Grid solutions from Schneider Electric empower your utility’s transition into a next-generation energy provider by enabling safer, more reliable, and more efficient power management.
- Ensure more structured and reliable communication between crews and the control room
- Replace paper maps and empower field crews
- Access current asset data, work requests, switching plans, incidents, and safety documents
- View, search and navigate the network in both geographical and schematic views
- Perform operations including planned switching and incident response