Utilities need to get more from their system investments, help crews work more efficiently, and reduce operating costs. They are contending with growing requirements for work management but streamlining field operations is hampered by disparate processes, point solutions running on various types of devices, and data conversion and transfer. Mapping and asset information is increasingly critical to work execution, while infrastructure data must remain secure and reliable in order to protect customers, the public, and crews.
Work Order Management (WOM) is analytical function for managing switching procedures and all activities related to planned maintenance work, relevant work/safety documents, data storage, and requested reports and displays.
- Improve field access to current work assignments
- Provide field crews with access to work requests, switching plans, incidents, and safety documents
- Crews can perform operations like planned switching and incident response
- Enhances communications and coordination between the control centre and work crews
- Empowers field crews and makes communication between crews and the control room more efficient, structured, and reliable
- Integrated with Schneider Electric’s ADMS solution
- Based on Schneider Electric’s knowledge of advanced power operations solutions
Related Smart Grid solutions
Advanced Smart Grid solutions from Schneider Electric empower your utility’s transition into a next-generation energy provider by enabling safer, more reliable, and more efficient power management.
- Ensure more structured and reliable communication between crews and the control room
- Better manage work orders, switching plans, incidents, and safety documents
- Provide field crews with mobile access to work orders
- Perform operations including planned switching and incident response