Congratulations to all of the winners of the Marathon de Paris 2018!
1. Besty Saina, Kenya - 2:22:56
2. Ruth Chepngetich, Kenya - 2:22:59
3. Gulume Chala, Ethiopia - 2:23:06
MEN TOP 3
1. Paul Lonyangat, Kenya - 2:06:25
2. Mathew Kisorio, Kenya - 2:06:36
3. Ernest Ngeno, Kenya - 2:06:41
The race for sustainability
In 2016, we compensated for 50% of the event’s emissions. This year, we set the target at 85%. But this is not our last word on the topic.
Next year, we’re planning to make the Marathon de Paris fully carbon neutral.
Bravo à tous les coureurs !
Merci pour votre enthousiasme, votre détermination et votre énergie positive !
À l'année prochaine !
The Livelihoods Hifadhi project in numbers
- 50,000 hectares is the area of forest Kenya loses every year
- 150,000 cookstoves will be sold over 2013–2022
- $2 is the price of one cookstove
- 60% is the reduction in wood use, compared to the traditional stove
- 13,000 tons is the amount of wood the project will save over 10 years
- 1 million tons of CO₂ is the total offset target of the project
- Relive last year’s race
Watch the highlights from the 41st Marathon de Paris!
- Relive the route
Marathon de Paris boasts one of the most scenic routes in the world. See which famous landmarks the runners had the pleasure of running past on their way to the finish line!